The mission of the US Family Health Plan is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ in response to the health needs of our military families and in support of the mission and vision of CHRISTUS Health.
- We commit ourselves to show respect for the human person and to create healing environments in such a way that both providers and receivers of health care experience God’s love.
- We commit ourselves to being stewards of region resources by managing care to assure access to appropriate health services at the appropriate time and in the appropriate setting, thereby achieving high-quality results.
- Within the confines of managed care principles and the DoD contract, we shall embrace a patient-first focus, while concomitantly demonstrating greater sensitivity to all our various stakeholders, both internal and external.
- We commit ourselves to promote innovation and creativity in the delivery of health care to ensure the services offered represent quality of the highest level and are delivered with compassion and justice to the total person.
- We commit ourselves to honest dealings with all issues and all customers, displaying consistency and justice in all relationships.
To be the outstanding example of how military health care entitlements can be delivered efficiently, cost-effectively, with compassion, and in a manner that exceeds the expectations of all stakeholders.
The US Family Health Plan will be recognized for:
- Implementing innovative approaches to caring for the whole person
- Facilitating access to health care
- Making significant contributions to creating healthy communities
- Creating an environment filled with hope, dignity and mutual respect