The Benefits of USFHP
Department of Defense approved benefits you expect from TRICARE Prime with enhancements.
The base benefits include:
- Annual physical (one per plan year)
- Self-referring annual eye exam performed by an optometrist or ophthalmologist for all members including retirees (one per plan year)
- Discount pricing on over-the-counter items, including vitamins through Maxor Pharmacy
- Newsletter with wellness tips and other health related topics
- 24-hour access to registered nurses
We help our patients manage chronic and complex conditions, such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (COPD)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Failure (HF)
- Tobacco Dependency
Our licensed social workers and registered nurse case managers help members reduce admission and readmission.
Case managers work closely with members and their providers to achieve the best health outcomes by:
- Serving as patient advocates in creating connections between physician and providers to get the care members need
- Coordinating services through outreach to home health and other facilities for post-discharge care transitions
- Scheduling appointments for your home care needs
- Providing access to health-related education and community resources that maintain wellness.
Complementary and Alternative Medicine Discounts
- Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) includes practices and procedures not currently considered part of conventional medicine.
- CAM treatment options are non-covered benefits under US Family Health Plan and TRICARE.
- Discounts on these services are available to US Family Health Plan members through this special program.
- You receive 10-30 percent off CAM services simply by visiting participating providers and presenting your US Family Health Plan member ID card.